Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lazy summer days

Feels so good to have some lazy summer days.  Have had summer vacation for a whole week now and still have two weeks left to just relax. I really needed some days off from work to get better from my vertigo.  The world has been spinning for some weeks, but I start to feel better now. 

The weather has been perfect. Sun and outdoor sewing.  Some thunder storms with rain, but then it is perfect to be in the sewingroom. 

The first days of my vacation Hanne came visiting me.  I really needed some vitamin Q.  And Hanne inspired me to start sewing some blocks for The Chapman Quilt.



This is like cady.  So fun to sew these cute blocks.  And digging through my scrapbox it is like meeting old friends again when I pick up fabrics.  



Then I visited my friend Irene at the cabin for some days.  Can  it be better than this??  With our sewingmachines out on the porch.  


Sewed this small pouch.  The pattern is Anni Downs, but I sewed it together my way.  This is the front......


.....and this is the back.


Visiting Kathrines Quiltestue some weeks ago I bought a new kind of batting and I made this bag at the cabin. Think I will love this bag because of the shape and the size.




We did not just sew this weekend. A little trip out on the mire to look for cloudberries.


Yummy......this is my favorite berries.

Saying for today:


2 comments:

Katie said...

So glad you are feeling a bit better. I’ve never seen cloudberries. They sound very nice. Your bags are very nice too. :-)

Melanie said...

I love fabric with words.... enjoy your vacation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails